<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 07, 2007

It became clear to me in 2005 that the governments of the world did not believe in the possibilities of the Simputer, and were not going to, and so I left off blogging here for a time. For some time now I have been involved with the MIT $100 Laptop on the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) Wiki. Now I can see a way to contribute to its success, by creating a non-profit organization to take on parts of the program that OLPC doesn't want to do itself. This includes Internet connections for the schools, and following up on the education aspect of the program with direct initiatives in health, economic opportunity, and much more.

I will announce the new Non-Profit when I get the legalities dealt with. In the meantime, you can read about my ideas for helping the poor here, on the OLPC Wiki, at OLPC News and on the WIRE AFRICA Wiki.



Comments:
Well written article.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?